2018 Mazda CX-5 Towing Capacity
The 2018 Mazda CX-5 is a capable midsize SUV that can help you tow what you need to around San Marcos and Vista. Combining strength and high-quality features, this Mazda SUV is a great choice for your next vehicle. Explore Mazda CX-5 towing capacity and abilities below, then schedule a test drive at Mazda of Escondido to experience Mazda CX-5 performance in person!
How Much Can the 2018 Mazda CX-5 Tow?
The Mazda towing capacity on the CX-5 SUV is at a 2,000 pound maximum on all three CX-5 trim levels. Whether you choose front-wheel drive or all-wheel drive, you’ll be able to tow a ton on your next road trip, big move, or boating excursion. Below are the CX-5 specs that help with such towing capabilities:
- SKYACTIV®-G 2.5L 4-cylinder engine Cylinder Deactivation
- 187 hp and 186 lb-ft of torque
- Front-wheel drive or available i-ACTIV AWD®
- SKYACTIV®-Drive 6-speed automatic transmission with manual shift and Sport Mode
Mazda Towing Features
Mazda CX-5 technologies like ones below have made towing around Carlsbad safer and more convenient. Even if you don’t have anything attached to your trailer hitch at any given moment, these standard safety features will give you peace of mind:
- Electronic Brake Force Distribution and Brake Assist gives you added braking power when needed.
- Dynamic Stability Control and Traction Control System, which helps you maintain stability even with 2,000 pounds attached behind you.
- Hill Launch Assist senses when you are parked on an incline and will hold the brakes down until you press the accelerator.
- Advanced Blind Spot Monitoring makes it easier to change lanes safely.
- Smart City Brake Support helps prevent low-speed fender-benders in traffic.
Find the Right SUV at Mazda of Escondido.
Learn more about Mazda CX-5 features by comparing it to the CX-9 as well as competitors like the Honda CR-V, Nissan Rogue, or the 2019 Toyota RAV4. If you want to expand your search, check out Mazda CX-9 towing capacity, performance and interior dimensions, and explore Mazda accessories to find out how to fully-equip your Mazda SUV for towing or whatever else you need.
Learn More at Mazda of Escondido
As with most Mazda vehicles, the 2019 Mazda CX-3 is able to give drivers the best of both worlds: power and fuel efficiency. So what is the Mazda CX-3 gas mileage? The Mazda CX-3 is offered in several different trim levels, and in this guide from Mazda of Escondido, you can find out which fuel-efficient trim is…
The new 2019 Mazda6 configurations are packed with an eye-popping amount of features that will make San Marcos-area drives a breeze. With a starting MSRP of $23,800*, you can enjoy features like the MAZDA CONNECT™ infotainment system across all five the trim levels. Below, the experts at Mazda of Escondido broke down the nuances between the different Mazda6…
The 2019 Mazda CX-5 is a family-friendly SUV with an ample amount of interior space and a powerful and efficient engine. The real question is, how much can it tow around the San Marcos area? Learn more about the Mazda CX-5 towing capacity and specifications of this new SUV available today at Mazda of Escondido. New Mazda CX-5…